Gain experience in all aspects of working on a research project
involving the theoretical physics and/or the application of
mathematics to a (semi) real world problem. This likely will involve
some or all of the following.
- Reading and discussing scientific literature.
- Doing reference searches.
- Carrying out research using a variety of different methods.
- Writing large-ish computer programs.
- Orally presenting research results.
- Writing up research results.
- Learning about, and perhaps participating in, publishing in
Once a week we'll meet as a full group to discuss a journal article.
We may use this time for other activities as well,
including a discussion of how to do a literature search, or parallel
We'll also meet individually at least once a week to go over your
End of Term Things:
Some sort of final write-up.
[ Dave ]
[ Gender and Science ]
[ COA ]
Web page maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org.