List of Publications
List of publications and citations
- D.P. Feldman. Chaos
and Fractals: An Elementary Introduction. Oxford University
Press. 2012. See also the website
for the book.
- A.E. Demeo, D.P. Feldman, and
M.L. Peterson. A
Human Ecological Approach to Energy Literacy through Hands-On
Projects: An Essential Component of Effectively Addressing
Climate Change. Journal of Sustainability Education. 4. Jan, 2013.
- M.D. Robinson, D.P. Feldman, and
S.R. McKay. Local
Entropy and Structure in a Two-Dimensional Frustrated
System. Chaos. 23(3):037114.
- D.P. Feldman, C.S. McTague, and
J.P. Crutchfield. The
Organization of Intrinsic Computation: Complexity-Entropy Diagrams
and the Diversity of Natural Information Processing.
Chaos. 18:043106. 2008. DOI: 10.1063/1.2991106.
- D.P. Feldman and J.P. Crutchfield, Synchronizing to Periodicity: The
Transient Information and Synchronization Time of Periodic
Sequences. Advances in Complex Systems. 7(3-4):
- D.P. Feldman and J.P. Crutchfield, Structural Information in
Two-Dimensional Patterns: Entropy Convergence and Excess Entropy.
Physical Review E. 67:051104. 2003.
- J.P. Crutchfield and D.P. Feldman,
Regularities Unseen, Randomness Observed: The Entropy Convergence
Hierarchy. Chaos, 15: 25-54. 2003.
- J.P. Crutchfield and D.P. Feldman, Synchronizing to the Environment:
Information Theoretic Constraints on Agent Learning.
Advances in Complex Systems, 4:251-264, 2001.
- J. P. Crutchfield, D. P. Feldman, and C. R. Shalizi, Comment I on ``Simple Measure for
Physical Review E, 62:(2), pp. 2996-7, 2000.
- D. P. Feldman,
Computational Mechanics of Classical Spin Systems,
Ph.D. Dissertation, Physics Department, University of
California, Davis, (September, 1998).
- D.P. Feldman and J. P. Crutchfield, Discovering Non-critical
Organization: Statistical Mechanical, Information Theoretic,
and Computational Views of Patterns in Simple One-Dimensional
Spin Systems. Santa Fe Institute Working Paper 98-04-026.
- D. P. Feldman and J.P. Crutchfield, Statistical Measures of Complexity:
Why? Physics Letters A, 238:(4-5), 244-252, 1998.
- J. P. Crutchfield and D. P. Feldman, Statistical Complexity of Simple
One-Dimensional Spin Systems, Physical Review E, 55:(2),
- Review of "Complex and Adaptive Dynamical Systems". Physics
Today, 62(7):58-9, July 2009.
- Review of "Monte Carlo Methods in Statistical Physics", by
M.E.J. Newman and G.T. Barkema. Computers in Science
and Engineering, 2:73-4, 2000.
- You might also want to look at a set of lecture notes on information theory,
entropy convergence and computational mechanics that I developed.
These should provide a moderately gentle introduction to many of the
theoretical tools I use in my research.
(Last Updated August 2012.)